Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Design*Sponge Feature

Happy August! It's difficult to believe how fast the summer is going by. Can it be June again, please?

July was a big month for me. My art was included in a list on Design*Sponge called 14 Abstract Painters to Follow on Instagram. It was very exciting, and quite an honor. The blog post is definitely worth checking out - I agree with the writer that all the artists on the list are worth following.
This painting, Game Pieces, acrylic on canvas, 12"x 16"x.75," was the one that was featured in the list. It's recently back home with me today after winning honorable mention at a local art competition. I will be listing it soon in my shop.

This one, March + April, acrylic on canvas, 16"x 20" x.75," is also back from the competition.
July was also a month for diving head-first into oil painting. I just love the texture and lack of color shift. Acrylics will darken as they dry. I have a lot to learn about oils, and so far it's been fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats both on being featured and winning an award on your artwork. That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete